Sunday, May 16, 2010

DOOR COUNTY







My son Todd, and I drove up to Door County and ferried over to Washington Island on Friday. It's one of my favorite spots in all the world. We dropped off several of my new designs, and a few old favorites at Sievers School of Fiber Arts. Ann, Carolyn, and Cindra run a fabulous school that attracks both teachers and students from all over the country to the tiny island. I took my first weaving and spinning classes there many summer moons ago! Now I make the pilgramage a least twice a year to bring up goodies for their gift shop. We stopped for an afternoon pick me up at The Fiddler's Green before checking in at Findlay's Holiday Inn. Jim Findlay and I have been friends since grade school! Their fish fry is the BEST. Hmmm fish, now that could be an interesting punchneedle design. . . Stay tuned.



nancee

No comments:

Post a Comment